On this site, NO HASBARA is allowed
Born in Al-Quds (Jerusalem), I am a Palestinian refugee living in exile for over 45 years. I was forced to leave my homeland, Palestine at the age of seven during the six-day war.
My academic qualification is in Mathematics, but art is one of my favourite pastimes, I love hand-made things, so I make dolls, cards, and most of my own clothes.
I also write poetry, and because I believe communication is the first step of understanding, I participate in dialogues with friends, known and unknown. I believe in building bridges not walls.
My shy and rather sensitive nature hinders me from public speaking, so I try to compensate for my shortcomings by writing! I started writing in 2002, when my friends insisted I should write about my memories, experiences, and my feelings as a Palestinian. So I self published two books (I Believe in Miracles and Palestine, The True Story)
Get to know me
Sub-normally looked at
Abnormally dealt with
Joyfully sad eyes
Head inflamed with grey hair
Petite for my age
Giant with my pain
I would say
A beautiful beast
Or an ugly butterfly
Yet incredibly thick-skinned
I feel so much for all others
While some-others deny my own existence
Spectrum of two extremes of intense emotions
Unwavering hope and utter despair
I would say
A strong wimp
Or a spineless hero
Viewed as a mentally suppressed creature
Trying to solve the world’s problems
While failing to figure out my own
Sharp with a great deal of naivety
Simple with much complexity
I would say
A stupid genius
Or a gifted fool
Faith is my lone reason for being
My fountain of hope
Overflowing with love, and joy
Yet for some I am the source of evil
And manifestation terror
Sporadically vibrating with the yoyo of my deeds
Between intimate nearness and lonesome isolation
I would say
A mild extremist
A hostile angel
A tender terrorist
And a mischievous child
Wouldn’t you agree?
Like most Palestinians,
Arabs and Muslims I believe that:
* The only real road to Peace is the full and unconditional Liberation of the whole of Palestine, liberation from the supremacist ideology and liberation from the perpetrators. That will inevitably mean a return to the original, peaceful society Palestine was before the Zionist invasion. The true and sincere aspirations of Palestinians are long lasting Peace, Justice and Freedom. We believe that this will restore the true foundations of the Palestinian society.
* Palestinians are always grateful and appreciative of the hard work and dedication of all their supporters whomever they are, however, Palestinians have NO obligation to hold back their march for freedom, to curtail their aims or to smother their rights for the sake of accommodating and not offending their Jewish supporters or to adopt the aims and objectives of the anti-zionist Jewish supporters instead of their own.
* Palestinians have the ultimate right to aim for the full Liberation of their occupied Homeland, and to that effect select strategy and tactics of Resistance most suitable to achieve the reinstatement of their inalienable rights.
* Palestinians have the ultimate right to choose their vision for their future, of FREE Palestine including the type of government, the writing of constitution, the construction and implementation of their legal and judicial system, which stems from and corresponds to their ethics and reflects and protects their culture.
* It is the privilege of Palestinians to decide who should stay in liberated Palestine and who is not, using the legal procedure of their own choice.
* All refugee and their descendents have the unconditional right to come back home, they, the rightful indigenous owners are also entitled to the reinstatement of ALL confiscated (stolen) land and property, compensation for all their losses over the many years of exile and they are also entitled to Palestinian citizenship wherever they are.
* The aims and dreams of most Palestinians are not confined to the change of zionist regime or the vacuous declaration of abandonment of zionism by the Jewish-zionist occupiers, but rather to the FULL Liberation of Palestine and the restoration of all their rights.
I would like to express my thanks and deepest appreciation to all the artists and photographers whose work appear on my blog. I would also like to apologize for not giving each and every one of them the deserved credit for their work for it is quite difficult to trace each photo back to its author. With thanks and gratitude